Can I help you? No, we don't sell pesto sausage, but we do have little weenies.

Oct 19, 2007

RNC chairman resigns

From the Huff Post

WASHINGTON — Mel Martinez, the public face of the Republican National Committee as its general chairman, announced Friday he was stepping down from his post after serving only 10 months.

"I believe that our future as a party and nation is bright and I have every intention of continuing to fight for our president, our party and our candidates," the Florida senator said in a statement.

His resignation came months earlier than anticipated. Martinez wasn't expected to step down until a Republican presidential nominee was selected, and the earliest that could occur is February.

The RNC said Martinez' job would not be filled.

Not be filled, hmmmm. Seems Mel (R-Dumbistan) is worried about keeping his seat.

And here I was, thinking he wanted to resign to spend more time with his collection of vintage schoolgirl manga.

2 comments:

Distributorcap said...

it is so rotten in the RNC right now that PINY makes a point.....

then again they could ask the last lady in charge, Ken Mehlman, to come back for awhile

Fran said...

If I were looking for a chair for the RNC (Reichstag National Committee) I would have all the candidates sit in their seats and then measure their stance.

But that is just me.

Ken Mehlman is too busy feelin' mighty real to do that job again.

Mel is an ass. Once he received many, many letters (Dcap you know the issue of which I speak) from my company which has an FL office and had a big concern. Almost all folks (most of them Repubs from Dumbistan) got form letters telling them of Mel's commitment to them... Except that said form letter referred to a completely different topic.

Nice work Melly Mel!