Jun 29, 2007
Jun 28, 2007
In a surprise move today, GWB gave an intelligent and measured response to subpoenas from the Senate. He also asked for an increase in appropriations for bananas and refrained from throwing feces at the White House press corps.
from Think Progress
Today was the deadline for the White House “to turn over documents linked to Harriet E. Miers, the former White House counsel, and Sara M. Taylor, the former White House political director” to Congress. But instead, the White House this morning “asserted executive privilege” and “rejected lawmakers’ demands for documents that could shed light on the firings of federal prosecutors.”
Please let this be the beginning of the end for this miserable administration.
Jun 27, 2007
Bush says Blair wasn't his poodle
June 27, 2007 at 6:29 AM EDT
LONDON — Tony Blair was no poodle, U.S. President George W. Bush said in a newspaper interview published Wednesday.
The photographic evidence is above.
Jun 26, 2007
This is a rare story where the words "presidential" and "scholar" are used together.
Every single citizen who meets the imbecile-in-chief, should hand him a letter just as these kids did. Go read this article and watch the video.
The best take-away is when one of the students smacks down the commentator for calling torture a "controversial" issue. She bluntly tells him that it is not controversial. I grew up when only bad guys in the movies tortured and agree that the decision not to torture should never be a controversial issue for America.
Bravo to these three and the rest of the signatories to the letter. I doubt George Bush would come out ahead in an episode of "Are you smarter than a third grader?" Can you imagine him facing off intellectually (hahahahahahaha) against anyone of these college bound students?
PSoTD gives me the rules:I'll break the rule and not tag anyone, but here are eight random facts
1. All right, here are the rules. 2. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts. 3. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves. 4. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. 5. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. I grew up in the deep South, but have shed the associated accent and mindset. Though, I do love a good all-you-can-eat fish fry.
2. I would like to be a better Luddite, but I really like mechanical pencils and bicycles.
3. I lived in Japan and learned to eat whatever was put in front of me. Since I already liked most Japanese food when I got there, my hosts delighted in trying to find the unusual and grotesque to test my palate.
4. Lately, I've been catching fireflies and putting them in my house.
5. I am an Air Force brat, though my dad died when I was only four. I got to meet a general, but I don't remember it.
6. I am a good cook and sometimes have the sharpest knives in all Christendom.
7. My current favorite author is Howard Frank Mosher.
8. I worked in the bush in Alaska and learned how to make do when necessary. Our drilling super's catchphrase was, "Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to do without."
Anyone who cares can consider themselves tagged....
Jun 22, 2007
Holy heck, Unka Dick is gonna be mad.... Maybe he'll convince W to attack Iraq.... Again.
The story is from the Wall Street Journal, and Smirking Chimp has an analysis from Stephen Pizzo. Go read it.
And let's remember, until not that many years ago China was an exporter of oil. It is now a net importer, and basically within walking distance of the biggest mideast oil fields.
Jun 21, 2007
Cheney tells agency that Vice President's office is not part of the executive branch
From Raw Story. Unbelievable hubris. Has Unka Dick's brainbone come completely undone? Now doubt, we'll have a half-fast retraction soon saying that he was misunderstood. In a related story sales of undisclosed locations have soared.
Jun 19, 2007
The best bit: "illegal emails, illegally deleted". Just to remind Karl, two wrongs do not make a right. This will probably end up in the courts for who knows how long.
The evil is insidious and pervasive. As an analogy, remember the white stuff in bird poop..., it's just more bird poop.
Time for some good forensic IT specialists to sort out the lies.
Let's hope Rove is finally caught with his hand in the cookie jar and his tallywhacker in the wringer.
Jun 15, 2007
Jun 14, 2007
Jun 13, 2007
Jun 12, 2007
Jun 8, 2007
Jun 7, 2007
A spokesperson for the county sheriff's office denied rumors that she was suffering from “lacerations, perforations and deaths”. (see post below)
Jun 6, 2007
The Surgeon General nominee, James W. Holsinger has a curious bit on his resume.
In 1991, Holsinger wrote a document titled “Pathophysiology of Male Homosexuality” for the United Methodist Church’s Committee to Study Homosexuality. The graphic document argues that gay sex can lead to “lacerations, perforations and deaths” and concludes that it is “intuitively” unnatural."lacerations, perforations, and death" sounds more like a rumble between the Sharks and the Jets.
If he is confirmed, everyone'll need a tattoo on their fundament that says the Surgeon General has determined that gay sex can lead to “lacerations, perforations and deaths”. And before you know it restaurants won't allow it either, and everyone at work will have to stand outside in the rain to do it, too .
Jun 5, 2007
Jun 4, 2007
No not that gulf. Lest I be accused of being too provincial, here is today's news from the Gulf of Oman. Check out this link to The Oil Drum.
A very rare tropical cyclone/hurricane is headed toward Oman points northwest. The storm is now being reported as a category five with waves 40 to 50 feet high. There is a tremendous amount of oil production and infrastructure in the area, along with the Straits of Hormuz. Much of the machinery etc. was not designed or built with storms such as this in mind.
There's a lot of information at the Oil Drum and a lot of well informed commenters. Go there.