Can I help you? No, we don't sell pesto sausage, but we do have little weenies.

Nov 29, 2007

Leahy sends holiday greetings to the White House

Leahy as perceived by the accused
Leahy: “I have given the White House’s claims of executive privilege and immunity careful consideration,” wrote Leahy. “I hereby rule that those claims are not legally valid to excuse current and former White House employees from appearing, testifying and producing documents related to this investigation. Accordingly, I direct Mr. Bolten, Mr. Rove, Ms. Taylor and Mr. Jennings to comply immediately with the committee's subpoenas by producing documents and testifying or face possible contempt citations.”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or what? I like Leahy, but by now I must ask "or what?" If they refuse now, will he demand that the senate use its inherent authority to enforce the subpoenas and send their sorry asses to jail? If yes, fabulous. If no, stop it. Yes, it's come down to shit or get off the pot. Enough.

dguzman said...

What about Mr Gonzalez? Does he get a pass by virtue of already being forgotten?

And I agree with Pissed--enough of these do-nothing inquiries and subcommittees and shit--book 'em or just give the fuck up and admit you're all tools. Quit playin' already.

Distributorcap said...

i will believe the citations when i see them......